Found project: Kolumba Museum


    Project : Kolumba Museum

    Language variant : Kolumba Art Museum

    Architect : Zumthor, Peter

    Completion: 2007

    Locality : Köln

    Country : Germany

    Building style : Modern architecture (not specified)

    Project on the map (green arrow)

    Description :

    The museum was founded by the Society for Christian Art in 1853, and taken over by the Archdiocese of Cologne in 1989.

    Until 2007 it was located near Cologne Cathedral. Its new home, built from 2003–2007, was designed by Peter Zumthor and inaugurated by Joachim Meisner.

    The site was originally occupied by the romanesque Church of St. Columba, which was destroyed in World War II and replaced in 1950 by a Gottfried Böhm chapel nicknamed the “Madonna of the Ruins”.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolumba (June 20, 2011).

    Ed. Heikki Nikkinen



    Images 1-17 of 17
    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski

    Kolumba Museum
    Kolumba Museum
    Image © Arto Kuorikoski